[dagr] Re: Bringing GRCon16 to Colorado

  • From: Michael Ossmann <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dagr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 09:05:16 -0700

You beat me to it! We discussed this at the meeting last week, and I've
been meaning to share the link to that survey. I've filled it out, and
everyone else should too!

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 07:58:33AM -0700, David Jones wrote:

Please see email below from Ken at CU Boulder about GRCon 2016. Please take
the survey (link is in the email below) so that we can show that there is
interest in bringing the conference to Colorado.

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ken Baker <kkbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: October 23, 2015 at 12:44:04 PM MDT
To: CU-Boulder GNU Radio <cu-boulder-gnu-radio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: GRCon16

Dear GNU Radio Community!
We at CU have been working with Tom Rondeau and his colleagues
associated with the GNU Radio Conference. We are working to have the GNU
Radio Conference come to Boulder CO in September of 2016. GRCon is in it's
fifth year. Each year the conference has been held in Washington DC with
growing success. The move from DC to our area is a big change and is not
to be taken lightly. If you are not familiar with GRCon, perhaps this link
will be of interest: http://www.trondeau.com/gnu-radio-conference-2015/

In order to understand the level of interest within the GNU Radio
Community, the GRC16 committee has produced a short survey to help them
gauge interest in Boulder as a site for GRCon16. It is a google doc and
pretty short. Please fill it out and send it off to the email address
indicated in the form. Indeed, send it to your friends and colleagues both
within your company and outside of your company that might have an interest
in this conference. The GRCon16 committee is trying to target the greater
southwest region to understand how many people might attend a conference in

The link to the survey is here: http://goo.gl/forms/YQmnoVYYu2

Thanks for your help. Again, please share with other folks that might be
interested. This list is pretty Boulder centric. If you have friends or
colleagues working in this area in Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Denver,
Austin TX, Dallas TX, etc. etc. Please help get the word out.

Ken Baker
"CU-Boulder GNU Radio" group.
email to cu-boulder-gnu-radio+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.