[ctw] Re: upgrade from old perl and 1.5rc3

  • From: webcatalog@xxxxxxx
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 18:56:14 -0500

btw I installed my old config file and tried sudo perl assp.pl

I got an error saying: Could not find gid for group "assp" -- not switching effective gid -- quitting Could not find gid for gropu 'assp' -- quiting assp.pl at line 4156

On Apr 3, 2009, at 6:51 PM, webcatalog@xxxxxxx wrote:

OK I got leopard, installed the ASSP, installed the modules, and then I went to

Double Click the configuration application, assp_osx_configure and you will be walked through the configuration

except there is not application called assp_osx_configure.

so now what?

On Apr 3, 2009, at 4:06 PM, webcatalog@xxxxxxx wrote:

OK I upgraded to leopard I am going to do an upgrade of the assp system. I have moved assp.cfg and whitelist to a backup folder along with the folders files notspam spam, are there any other folders I need to backup and restore once I have install the new assp 1.5.1.1?

I am coming from assp 1.5.rc3

On Apr 1, 2009, at 5:56 PM, Tom Shaw wrote:

If you are doing ActivePerl - yes redo modules You will also need Text::Iconv

Wait to do assp till tomorrow as I'll have a 1.5.1.1 final by then

Tom

I will be upgrading perl and assp tonight

will I need to reinstall all the perl modules?

I am on 10.4.11
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
search: //www.freelists.org/archives/ctw