[ctw] Re: updating ASSP to latest version

  • From: Tom Shaw <tshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:07:22 -0400

Need to manually configure clam and create launchd's etc.

At 9:46 AM -0400 6/23/10, eimslist wrote:
At 5:02 PM -0400 6/18/10, eimslist wrote:
Hi All: Just trying to move my first-time ASSP-on-10.6.2 install along...I downloaded 1.7.5.5 from sourceforge and followed the update instructions.

When I went to run the new mod_inst.pl I noticed the same error scrolling by for each module...something about not having permissions to write to the CPAN sources directory when downloading updated modules.

I'm in a desktop session as the default administrator for this computer...do I need to run the perl script as root to properly update the modules, or can I just run 'perl mod_inst.pl' as a regular user?

I don't think I even have root enabled on this computer (yet).

TIA...and sorry for the basic *nix stuff...I'm newbie both with commandline as well as OSX 10.6.

Just type sudo before the start cpan command line:

sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell

This allows you to run cpan as root. See manual install at http://www.oitc.com/ctw/assp/perl_module_install.html

Hi: Still proceeding slowly. Basically got ASSP 1.7.5.5 installed, ran mod_inst.pl, and just built ClamAV 0.96.1 from source. No errors on any of the builds.

Do I need to manually configure ClamAV at this point, or do I just move on to CPAN'ng it and expect it to be configured later?

-AK
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
search: //www.freelists.org/archives/ctw