[ctw] Re: first question about installing ASSP

At 3:32 PM -0400 6/16/10, eimslist wrote:
Hi All: starting my install of ASSP...do I want to select "LDAP" or "NO LDAP" if I'm running it on the same box as EIMS 3.3.9?

I haven't been able to reliably get it to work. EIMS has some LDAP issue that I haven't been able to sort. You can try it if you want. The search string should be (email=postmaster@DOMAIN) for domains and (email=EMAILADDRESS) for users. Since domains don't change much I use the flat file for domains. (There is a utility script of mine that will export users and domains from eims for flat file use by ASSP. I use flatfile domains and generic users - which lets eims decide to reject if the user aint there) You can also enable and use VRFY since eventually you will set eims to reject connections from every source other than ASSP and a few trusted sources.

Tom
--
Tom Shaw - Chief Engineer, OITC
<tshaw at oitc.com>, http://www.oitc.com/ local wx: http://www.oitc.com/weather