[ctw] Re: bogging down

  • From: Robert Wolff <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:35:45 -0400

On 8/12/09 at 9:09 AM, tshaw@xxxxxxxx (Tom Shaw) wrote:

> At 12:17 PM -0400 8/11/09, Robert Wolff wrote:
> >The flat file for local users is working fine but I am getting
> >complaints about slow outgoing or sending time outs. I am
> >seeing from 10 to 20 SMTP connections sitting for 5 or 10
> >seconds than a burst of 4 or 5 connection clear out, during the
> >hesitation the ASSP GUI is unresponsive. Pop connections are
> >fine, ram and CPU are not maxed out. Is there anything I can do
> >to get these SMTP connection to move along.
>

> You are using smtpauth?
Yes

>you have eims setup with enuf connections and NO LIMIT on connections from
>same host?
SMTP server: 50      LFH 50      peak 20
SMTP submit: 50      LFH 50      peak 9

>You have turned off some of the anti
> spam tests for local users?
Running the default here what would you suggest changing.

>What does EIMS log show?
error log:
nothing but pop unknown user from my clients who cant follow instructions and
wrong passwords.

receive error log:
a lot of: 127.0.0.1 SMTP port scan
an occasional: 127.0.0.1    Premature pipelined data after HELO from
assp.onlineontime.net

Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw
post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx