[ctw] Re: What if you have CA2 installed?

  • From: Tom Shaw <tshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:19:54 -0400

Ah.....

Sounds like CA2 may have been doing non standard stuff with perl. (Bob is CA2 part of your system?)

I really am not sure as I don't know what Chris did (My approach has been to be standard)

Any way we can find out what Chris did?

If you have a test machine I would reco a fresh install configure that cone and then copy the new config over with superduper or cccloner

Otherwise we'll just have to play it by ear.

Another approach is for me to supple a folder hierarchy so you can

cd IO-Compress-Base-2.015
perl Makefile.PL
make
sudo make install
cd ../

Maybe we just use CA2's cpan and hope that perl actually gets updated.

Tom

At 2:04 PM -0400 3/12/09, Ira Cary Blanco wrote:
I was using CA2, what should I do about the CPAN in /usr/local/bin? Also
there's a .cpan directory under /Users/jettfuel/

- icb

-------------------------
Ira Cary Blanco

Warning : The information contained in this message may be privileged and
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
replying to this message and then delete it from your computer. All e-mail
sent to this address will be received by the Samson corporate e-mail system
and is subject to archiving and review by someone other than the recipient.

Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw
post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
search: //www.freelists.org/archives/ctw