[ctw] Re: What am I missing?

  • From: webcatalog@xxxxxxx
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 13:41:29 -0500

Spoke to soon it was just a light mail day. During the week the volume is higher and it took 2.5 minutes to slow to a crawl, even the smtp server slows, not just the web interface. Today it takes about 15 minutes and then the smtp server becomes unresponsive.

If I switch back to 1.5.1.2  it runs fine. odd.

Ideas?

On Oct 3, 2009, at 12:16 PM, webcatalog@xxxxxxx wrote:

On my PPC G5 running 10.5.8

upgraded perl to 5.10 and reinstalled modules

Now the web interface is zippy and ASSP is working as expected.

Tom how can I paypal you a donate for your efforts. I don't see it anywhere on your site.

btw I got a kick out of the "Apple Internet Server Solution" logo on your site. I remember the old AISS I had a 7650, running open transport, those were hellish days.

On Oct 2, 2009, at 11:18 AM, Tom Shaw wrote:

/etc/apache2 if on leopard. You can also just reinstall and the latest should be updated or try this automated installer attached.

cpan upgrade wants to know where the apache dir is? I tried /etc/ httpd/ but it didn't like that, if not there then where?

On Oct 1, 2009, at 7:34 AM, Tom Shaw wrote:

You can just use CPAN

At 10:45 PM -0500 9/28/09, webcatalog@xxxxxxx wrote:
How doth one check the perl modules?

On Sep 28, 2009, at 5:07 PM, Tom Shaw wrote:

At 4:11 PM -0500 9/28/09, webcatalog@xxxxxxx wrote:
OK after the update the one I added worked, but I just added a new one and that does not work. I have restarted in between each addition and that doesn't even seem to help.

BTW the new version seems to use less processor power but gets hung up more often ie I will hit a page and it will take a couple of minutes before it responds(literally).

The 1.5.1.3 version gives precedence to processing mail rather than the GUI. However check to make sure that your perl modules are uptodate.

I may have to go back to the old version if this persists

to restart can I just do a

sudo killall assp
sudo /Applications/ASSP/assp.pl

http://127.0.0.1:55555/shutdown or /Applications/ASSP/assp.pid contains the processID to kill

sudo perl /Applications/ASSP/assp.pl

Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
search: //www.freelists.org/archives/ctw
faq: //www.freelists.org/wiki/the_faq

--
Tom Shaw - Chief Engineer, OITC
<tshaw at oitc.com>, http://www.oitc.com/ local wx: http://www.oitc.com/weather

Fish more and Live longer
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
search: //www.freelists.org/archives/ctw
faq: //www.freelists.org/wiki/the_faq

Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctwpost: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
search: //www.freelists.org/archives/ctw
faq: //www.freelists.org/wiki/the_faq

--
Tom Shaw - Chief Engineer, OITC
<tshaw at oitc.com>, http://www.oitc.com/ local wx: http://www.oitc.com/weather
US Phone Numbers: 321-984-3714, 321-729-6258(fax), 321-258-2475 (cell/voice mail,pager) US skypeline: 321-622-9098
Text Paging: http://www.oitc.com/Pager/sendmessage.html
AIM/iChat: trshaw@xxxxxxx
Skype: trshaw

Fish more and Live longer<mod_inst.pl>