[ctw] IMAP setup

  • From: Bob Albert <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:22:35 -0700

I have ASSP setup on one machine pointing to my EIMS machine and moved over the MX DNS record for one domain. For that domain I use IMAP on my mac and this morning after the DNS changed I couldn't connect. I added a DNS record for imap.domain.com and pointed that to my EIMS server, but wondering if this is the best way to handle the setup?

- Is there any way to proxy through ASSP for IMAP as I do for my out mail? - Or should I also create an alias for say mail.domain.com or smtp.domain.com that points directly to my EIMS for retrieving and sending mail?

Also, where can I look to see if i'm getting false positives to make sure i'm getting all the mail i want?

Thanks,
Bob
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx