[ctw] Re: Forged Helo's Blocked - Now invalid local sender

  • From: Garret Cleversley <cleverg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 13:07:19 -0400

On May 27, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Tom Shaw wrote:

Do you have localDomains file populated? localDomains must contain your local domain names or else hel checking must be turned off.

Yup doubled checked that one too.

It seems to be working now once I disabled all Hel checking, Forged etc. Turned on testmode.. Turned off test mode. Re-enabled some of the checking. All of it's on scoring rather than some on block.

As a side note one thing that's different now is the whitelist message from the email interface. It used to respond and say xxx@xxxxxxx was added to whitelist or say xxx@xxxxxxx already exists in whitelist. Now I get a blank message but when I got to the whitelist file, the email address is actually whitelisted.

I'm still getting a lot of invalid and suspicious helo but it seems like the mail is getting through again. I'm probably not as protected as I was. ;-)

Garret

Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
search: //www.freelists.org/archives/ctw