[ctw] Re: ASSP web interface stopped working?

  • From: aklist <aklist_eims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:05:27 -0700

On 4/24/2012 4:59 PM, TR Shaw wrote:
Yikes.

Its a tad better to keep up since now there are so many variables it is hard to
know where to start.

That said, I am operating fine. And will help but need some more data.

OK, so ASSP is running...but no action on 127.0.0.1:55555

What to do?

How does one restart ASSP from the command line?

Or, what do you suggest to debug?

Tom

On Apr 24, 2012, at 7:56 PM, aklist wrote:

On 4/24/2012 3:30 PM, TR Shaw wrote:

On Apr 24, 2012, at 6:20 PM, aklist wrote:

On 4/24/2012 2:40 PM, TR Shaw wrote:
Sure First capture all sys log and roll back to a version you feel comfy with
while you trouble shoot.
What version caused the problem?

No idea...I wasn't paying attention to what was being updated too closely.

Look in your update folder or look at the config file using a text editor.

Thanks Tom.

Sorry...I'm not being clear...I hadn't updated ASSP for a couple of
months...and for whatever reason I've never gotten the auto-update to function
(updates are downloaded, but I need to manually restart ASSP to get the
update). So ASSP was waiting for me to initiate an update (but I never had a
chance to).

I was talking about Apple's software update...I tend to ignore updates unless
they're security related, but I finally let Software Update do it's thing...as
I said I think it was a java security update that required a restart.

When you look at the assp log can you see mail being processed?

ASSP is running, because I'm communicating through the server...it's just the
web interface (and/or apache) that's not running?

Apache isn't required. ASSP handles itself. DOn't bog down the machine with
apache unless you need it.  You can check apache logs if there is some sort of
a load being placed on your server.

Yeah, just grasping at straws...I was mixing up Hastymail (which I have running
on a different box) with ASSP.

As I said, ASSP is still running...I just can't get to the web admin either
remotely or from 127.0.0.1:55555 like I used to :(

Tom

On Apr 24, 2012, at 5:20 PM, aklist wrote:

Hi All: I was happily running ASSP 1.9.x for a long time on a Mini running
10.6.8 client without any issues. A couple of days ago I allowed the server to
install some updates and reboot. Since that time, the web interface for ASSP
became very sluggish, and I couldn't get past the first page, which itself
didn't seem to be loading completely.

I finally rebooted the computer again, and now I can't get the web interface to
come up at all. In chrome I get:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without
sending any data.

Any tips for trouble shooting this?
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx