[ctw] Re: ASSP web interface stopped working?

  • From: aklist <aklist_eims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 17:02:26 -0700

On 4/25/2012 2:33 PM, TR Shaw wrote:

On Apr 25, 2012, at 5:19 PM, aklist wrote:

I wonder if updating PERL would make a difference, or if I'm just chasing my
tail?

You can probably just do a cpan update and see without having to update perl
instal itself.

OK...I haven't used cpan since I installed ASSP more than a year ago...do I need to run
cpan update against each module individually, or is there some sort of "global
update"?

I always have to google it also ;-)  you do it on the command line and command
update all.

I am at the Perl-y Gates!

"cpan update all" results in a message "everything's up to date" or something like that...but I started updating individual modules, and it seems to be working one-at-a-time.

Do I need to reboot the computer to make the updated libraries active? Or do I just need to restart ASSP?

Tom

Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw
post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx