[ctw] Re: A few questions

  • From: webcatalog@xxxxxxx
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 01:04:10 -0500

fwiw I found this in my log as well:
Oct-16-09 00:28:21 Error: couldn't send block report for *@beachbumsconsulting.com to sdagley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:25 -

On Oct 19, 2009, at 12:51 AM, webcatalog@xxxxxxx wrote:

Tom and Folks

how do block reports work?

what is a block report and who can get them.

My server keeps sending this out on occasion any ideas why?

The following message could not be delivered to sdagley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
because the domain beachbumsconsulting.com does not exist.
Reporting-MTA: dns; mymailserver
Arrival-Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 00:31:57 -0500

Final-Recipient: rfc822; sdagley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Action: failed

From: Support Services <support@ mymailserver.com>
Date: October 19, 2009 12:31:57 AM CDT
To: sdagley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ASSP-Block-Report

I am considering moving to another mail server. Eims is just not gettitng the development attention a modern mail server needs. I need webinterfaces, admin interfaces etc. Glenn doesn't seem to think these are necessary and if you do ask for it you get a scolding. I pay for atmail and that combined with eims etc adds up, plus my customers are crying for features, like I mentioned.

is assp necessary with apples mail server. I'd like to the hear any pros and con's to their latest mail server implementation.

Bob
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctwpost: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
search: //www.freelists.org/archives/ctw