[cts-newsletters-html] Use Lower Case/Access Desktop From Taskbar

  • From: "Call for Help Daily" <call_for_help_daily@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cts-newsletters-html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 19:13:26 MST

"It's not your fault!"

Call for Help
www.techtv.com/callforhelp

*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

WEB WORKSHOP
Are you having trouble seeing images after they've been uploaded to
your website? This could be the answer to all your problems:
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=298170&d=1007051

WINDOWS TIP
We've got a great tip that turns a desktop into a taskbar:
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=298170&d=1007052

MAC TIP
Make PDF files on your Mac. Here's how:
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=298170&d=1007053

TODAY'S LINKS
Read the Show Notes for all of today's show content:
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=298170&d=1007054

*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*
***************************Advertisement***************************

Memory PC - Memory prices have fallen substantially, and
Outpost.com is passing that savings on to you! With FREE DELIVERY.
OVERNIGHT.
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=298170&d=1007055

*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*
Leo's Show Notes for Thursday, February 8, 2001 ...

* Noisy CD ROM

Kevin from Corvallis, OR wants to know why his CD-ROM
sounds like an F16 taking off. It's normal, Kev.
Today's high speed CD-ROMs (his was 50x!) have to
spin pretty quick to deliver all that data. They
speed up and down depending on where on the disc the
data lies.

If you really hate the noise, check out a True-X CD-
ROM drive. They use multiple lasers to deliver fast
read rates without spinning the disc so fast. Kenwood
makes 52x and 72x True-X drives. I have the 72x and
it's probably overkill. The 52x spins only about as
fast as a 20x CD.

http://www.kenwoodtech.com

That's it from the Call for Help crew. Thanks for
watching. I'll be back Monday. Meanwhile, remember,
it's not your fault!

Leo
*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*
Don't forget... If you have a netcam and a computer question... go
to the Netcam Cineplex located in our chat room 45 minutes before
the show starts, talk to Joshua, and you can get on TechTV. Plus
we'll send you your very own Call for Help cup holder, just like
the one Leo uses.
*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

***************************Advertisement***************************
Can't remember where that great Web site was? Now you don't have
to! Access your favorite sites from any computer, anywhere. Click
here!
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=298170&d=1007057

*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

TIP: If you receive 'Page Not Found' errors when clicking on
newsletter links in Netscape, try cutting and pasting the link into

the address bar.

If you would like to update your email address visit the TechTV Newsletter hub
at:  http://www.techtv.com/interact/newsletters/.

*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

CABLE IN THE CLASSROOM
Are you a student with a question about computers? Are you a
teacher who realizes that computers aren't just a passing fad?  If
you answered 'Yes' to either question, then your school could
appear on Call for Help. If kids at your school are into computers,
and need their questions answered, contact us and you may get it
answered on TV! Send all questions to CIC@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more information, please visit our Cable in the Classroom
homepage:
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=298170&d=1007058