[csdn-sa] Re: FreeBSD

  • From: Brian Astill <bastill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: csdn-sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marjon <mailing_lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 12:00:46 +1030

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 09:21 pm, Marjon wrote:
> Could I please order a copy of the latest version of FreeBSD?
> Only need the basic install. Live in the Ingle Farm and can pick up
> whenever available.

Could you wait for a week or two?
v5.2 is due for full release RSN.

> PS. What is the going donation rate per CD??

I think we settled on $5.00 as the normal going rate (much of that cost
going to support open source providers), but I could be wrong about
that.
If you can afford it (and CSDN is aware that many people CAN'T) it will
be possible to obtain a boxed set of FBSD 5.2 from BSDMall and similar
suppliers.  That way you get heaps of good stuff and are most
definitely supporting the Open Source Movement.

--
Regards,
Brian