[CTS] need some help

  • From: "Jackie MacWhirter" <jmacwhirter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:26:27 -0500

Hi Folks: My son's computer was full of malware, backdoor Trojan and unknown
Trojan  --his browser was hijacked, the only way I could even use a malware
scanner was to start editing the registry-- I finally freed the browser but I
was getting some lewd popups   when the browser was closed  nothing opened .  I
 finally got rid of the popups -- I used spybot the clean out the rest-- the
only thing that I can't get rid of is on the taskbar -- by the clock - there is
an icon that is blinking that will bring me to to the page if I click on it
called  virprotect.com the other one was thesafetyfiles.com-- Can you please
give me some help please? Thank You -- Jackie Mac

PS His antivirus is Kaspersky