[CTS] Re: Samsung printer

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:55:12 -0600

And some of you may ask - why did they go from heating bulbs and aluminum to
flimsy films and ceramic elements? First they consume less power. Second
they can be made smaller. They heat faster from sleep mode. They are
obviously cheaper to make. They last longer in some sense, less time in
others. Generally the manufacturer makes more money in repair parts (fuser
assemblies) on these than they do on bigger models like the
5Si/8000/8100/8150. They do cost less per incident but more over time - 8150
goes 350,000 or better pages before replacement if a good rebuilder was
purchased from or from OEM, the film types go anywhere from 50k to 200k
dependant on the design and of course the parts used to rebuild.