[CTS] Re: RAM

  • From: "Elaine Gairy" <Gairy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:01:20 -0400

Bruce, When I first put the new memory in I turned my computer on and it was
fine except that it did not register my new memory.  I am running Windows ME
and it doesn't show the counting on the screen.  It just goes from the
Win/ME  screen to my desktop.  I looked under My Computer/Properties and saw
that my RAM hadn't changed.  After Jackie's encouragement, that's when I
went back in and pushed harder on the strip to see if it was secure.  Then
when I turned the computer on a dark screen came up and I guess it asked me
if I wanted to start my computer in sand-by mode.  I don't remember how but
I got out of it and turned my computer off then went back in and took the
new strip out.  That's where I stand as of now.  I'm sure glad the sweaty
palms are normal.   Elaine