[CTS] Re: RAM

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhblake@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 20:42:07 -0500

Micron has made all sorts of botched ram - a for instance is the 65+
Handspring PDA's I rebuilt a night. Everyone that had Micron memory would
fail and had to be changed to Hyundai or Samsung. Of course the memory for
these is special but it's still standard 8mb ram on a special chip.

I've used economy Ram and expensive ram, brand doesn't make a bit of
difference - if it works when installed it will work. If it doesn't and you
bought from a supplier that doesn't return within the first few days then
you'd better get a different supplier.

I buy SpekTek throuh Ingram Micro (wholesale only) and have never had a
single problem with it and it's packaged well. Best thing is that SpekTek is
one of the best priced SDRAM they have, and always in stock.

List HowTo: http://questforcertification.com/cts/faq

http://questforcertification.com/cts/other_cts_lists.htm