[CTS] Re: Please do not forget to vote today!!

  • From: "Peter" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:55:11 -0500

How far are you from South Bend, IN?

~~~~~~~~~~~
Peter

[ http://desktopproject.com ]

-----Original Message-----
From: computertalkshop-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:computertalkshop-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric C.
Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 12:58 PM
To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [CTS] Re: Please do not forget to vote today!!

I live in a small city. Two Precents. I went to vote after 8a and there
was 10-15 ahead of me. The other side was pretty good. They should have
moved a booth over.

Note, we have booths, complete the arrow with a black maker, rip a tag
off the balot, toss it in the trash, hand the person a slip, slip the
balot in the OptiScanner and put the protective folder on top of the
machine. Scanning is fast and is not the slow down, people voting is.
These replaced the pull lever to close curtains pull levers and pull
curtain lever to cast vote and get out.

Well the equivilant of Clinton got elected. our Attorney General,
Jennifer Grahnholm (D). She gave no bid contracts to her husband
(construction) for The new Midfield Airport. She is part of the Ed
Macnamara engine (Top county guy for Wayne (Detroit)) so more
unscruplious stuff. (Points to Midfield Terminal again as one.). Got
into reperations, she has changed her mind on a issue (maybe more I do
not know) for some group or something. We loose the Govenor, currently
Republican. For the primary we had even worse D's Blanchard (Former
Gov.) and anouther, but would do worse than Granholm and are nothign bug
clowns. I have voted for R,D, Independent parties, I believe in let the
best person win.

Fortunatly Prop 3 was turned down. (Tobbacco money.) It would have taken
control of how the money was distrobuted from the government and would
have gone to whoever and lost part of our freedom. Current Gov. and
running all were against it, plus other current and past politiions.

The old Prop A (Arts) came back as Prop K (Now Arts Parks and Kids).
Just rasies taxs to go to ARTS places (Parks and Kids was added to get
it passed and I think it did.) If I want to donate money, I will write a
check. I do not need the government to tell me to. I read something in
the Det Free Press that these places that get the money are doing well
and borrowing money to expand buildings. Belle Isle Zoo is doing bad
(Ran by Detroit Zoo. But the Zoo CEO or president gets $300,000 a year,
house AND car. But they'll shut down Belle Isle zoo I bet.

 I cannot find a website the lists the results of the proposals or all
of anything including michigan.gov and tv station websites.

Far as I know none of my friends vote and I do not even want to hear an
exuse. "Oh, I don't follow politics, so that is why I did not vote." You
should see the smiles and the faces of the older people when this
mid-20's man walks in. That is REALLY sad.

Thank you,
Eric Vogel