[CTS] Hardrive Problem?

  • From: Elaine Gairy <elaine.gairy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 9:41:37 -0400

Yesterday my hard driving starting making this constant click . . . click . . .
click noise.  The screen froze so I did an Alt/Ctrl/Delete and I got the
dreaded blue screen with a load of stuff on it.  I wrote it down but am not at
home so can't share it now.  I shut the computer down by holding down the power
button.  When I re-booted things were very quiet and eventually I got a black
screen with the message "Operating System Not Found".  I've tried a boot disk
and the recover disk from HP and it seems it's not getting to my hard drive.
Does anyone have an idea on this.  Does it sound like a hard drive problem or a
SCSI Card maybe?  I'm sick that I might have lost everything on my hard drive.
Thanks, Elaine

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm