[CTS] Re: Good service

  • From: "Surfin Suzy" <surfin_suzy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 02:11:15 -0600

Thank you!
Suzy
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Hal Brown<mailto:hbrown@xxxxxxxx>
  To: CTS<mailto:computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 12:38 PM
  Subject: [CTS] Good service

  For anyone who might want to use this service.... It works as shown.

  Free 411 Service

  Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone, or your home phone speed
dial:

  1-800-goog411 (1-800-466-4411)

  This is an awesome service from Google, and it's free -- great when you are
on the road.

  Don't waste your money on information calls and don't waste your time
manually dialing the number.

  I am driving along in my car and I need to call the golf course and I don't
know the number.  I hit the speed dial for information that I have programmed.
The voice at the other end says, "City & State."  I say, " Garland , Texas "
He says, "Business, Name or Type of Service."  I say, Firewheel Golf Course."
He says, "Connecting" and Firewheel answers the phone. How great is that?

  This is nationwide and it is absolutely free!

  Click on the link below and watch the short clip for a quick demonstration.

  www.google.com/goog411/<http://www.google.com/goog411/>

  Privacy: Delete my information

  Here's the full set of steps to delete any information we've associated with
your phone number in the past:

     1. Call GOOG-411, and press the star (*) key after you hear the
introduction to enter the privacy menu.
     2. From the privacy menu, press 9 to delete past information associated
with your phone number.
     3. To confirm you'd like to delete the information, enter the confirmation
code when prompted. You can also press star (*) to cancel and return to your
search.

        After you've called GOOG-411 several times, you'll stop hearing the
introduction to enter the privacy menu. However, you'll still be able to press
the star (*) key to access the privacy menu.

  To avoid having any information associated with your phone number in the
future, just block your caller ID before you call. With many phone services,
you can do this by dialing *67 before the phone number. In most cases, you can
also block your number through the menus on your mobile phone. For specific
details on how to block your caller ID, contact your service provider.