[CTS] Re: Firewall Question

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ECVogel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:00:02 -0500

I like the Linksys better it is a NAT firewall. I do not have to have a
program loaded. Although it is just a firewall and you can not stop phone
home apps. You can use Zone Alarm with the linksys. Linksys has a spot to
put in you ZA code and you can make it so, if ZA is not running on the
computer, no access. But I do no use ZA, Just the linksys BEFSR41 Cable/DSL
Router. There is a newer one BEFXR41 I believe that is updated version of
BEFSR41 and has some features that the BEFSR81 (8-port has).

Thank you,
Eric Vogel