[CTS] Re: 1 more question..

  • From: Cuffy <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:43:51 -0800

You are experiencing a helluva lot more danger driving to the store to get a new PS than you are opening a power supply to change a fan.
I've been working on power supplies, some very large ones, for over 50 years, and have yet to even get a shock. There is a good possibility that you could go poking around in a PC power supply with a screwdriver and not be able to get a shock, try as you might !
When you get into a PS with capacitors the size of Coke cans then it's best to watch where you put your fingers !
If you can paint your fingernails then you can open the PS in your machine and replace the fan,fans !

CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx wrote:

Joe..I was told it's dangerous to open the PS..?????? I just may find it easier to replace the whole PS..rather than mess with the innards. It's a few years old..at least 3-4 years old. And my pc is on 24/7
Jackie
In a message dated 12/20/2005 6:38:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    I'd measure the fan in the PS and order it along with the other
    one. It takes about five mins to change the fan and there's no
    point in changing the PS unless it quits.