[CTS] Re: 1 more question..

  • From: Cuffy <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:37:45 -0800

I'd measure the fan in the PS and order it along with the other one. It takes about five mins to change the fan and there's no point in changing the PS unless it quits.
I'm awaiting a PS from CompGeeks, 500watts, $27 bucks, tax and shipping adds $10 so when yours dies bump it up to 450 or 500 watts.
If you want the info on the one I ordered let me know. CompGeeks is in San Diego so maybe you'd do better ordering from your own backyard ?
You can debate the quality of PSs forever. I've got one in a machine here that I bought from eBay for $9.95, going strong after several years of use. You can buy one for $40, $50 bucks, and it dies the day after the guarantee runs out.......... both do the same job, so pays your money and takes your chances !

CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx wrote:

I also have a failing power supply (the fan), I blew it out with canned air..but the fan in the power supply was grinding a bit..right now it sounds fine..BUT..my next question is..if the fan goes..in the power supply, (keep in mind I have the side of my pc open for cooling), will the power supply stop working??? Should I shut my pc down till I put in a new one? AND..I have a 350 watt in it now..can I bump it up a bit..or is that pushing it..does it depend on the MB?
Whew..ok..done...... Thanks a bunch..Jackie