[cll-sd] Blue Cross Blue Shield Coverage Change

  • From: "Bob Johnson" <goalus@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cll-sd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:59:02 -0700

A letter from Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BCBS) dated July 5, 2012 states that they
will no longer consider the UCSD Medical Group a Preferred Provider and has
changed it to Non-Preferred Provider which will effect the CLL patients that
depend on insurance coverage. This is caused by a dispute between them and UCSD
(although the BCBS CEO pulls down $4.8M). I think we should discuss this during
tomorrows CLL meeting.
Bob Johnson (Dr Kipps patient for 14 years)
Reply to:  cll-sd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
List Manager:  dcovill@xxxxxxxxxx