[climatematters] the case for the opposition

  • From: Leslie Coelho <lesliecoelho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "climatematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <climatematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:03:57 +0000

Hi,

Did anyone else see "The Great Climate Change Swindle " last night on channel
4? For those that did not here is a summary:

Climate Change is happening.
There is a relationship between Global Temperature and CO2, but the rise in CO2
lags behind the temperature changes (by about 800 years). i.e. it is the change
in temperature that causes the changes in atmospheric CO2 and not the other way
round.
There is a much better correlation between solar activity and Global Warming.
There conclusion human activity is not the cause of Global Warming, Solar
activity is

So now I'm confused. I was extremely sceptical about the programme when I began
watching, but by then end there theory and evidence was just as convincing as
the CO2 theory.

Now here's the worrying thing. They claim Climate Change is being used as a way
of holding back the development of the devolving nations. Since the UN is
insisting that they only use renewable energy and do not exploit their fossil
full reserves. If we are really worried about CO2 I think we should take the
plank from our own eye before we start worrying about the spec in the eye of
our brothers and sisters in the developing world. It does seem ludicrous to ask
the world poorest people to use the most expensive forms of energy. Especially
in light of our own massive consumption. Perhaps we should let the developing
nations develop in their own way and if we are really concerned about CO2 then
the countries that have historically been the worst offenders and have the most
wealth shoud be the ones to make the sacrifices needed to reduce CO2 levels and
not the poor.

If you want to find out more about last night program there follow this link:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/technology/technology.html?in_article_id=440049&in_page_id=1965
There is also a forum on this topic here:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=547233

Leslie
Discover the new Windows Vista