[climatematters] Historic Milestone for Stop Global Warming Virtual March

  • From: Leslie Coelho <lesliecoelho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "climatematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <climatematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 09:26:07 +0100

Dear Friends,

HISTORIC MILESTONE FOR STOP GLOBAL WARMING VIRTUAL MARCH
This week the Virtual March grew to over 500,000 marchers!  The movement to
stop global warming is here, now and growing louder each day. The diversity of
our new partners goes to show that we are all part of this problem, and we all
need to be part of the solution.  New partners include Pastor Tri Robinson, pop
culture designer Paul Frank, Olympic snowboarder Shaun White, The Los Angeles
Zoo, Me&Ro Jewelry, and rock band Guster.
Thanks to the Lollapalooza and Bonnaroo music festivals, and to marcher Bon
Jovi, for encouraging music fans this summer to join the Virtual March.
GLOBAL WARMING THREATENS RICH FALL COLOURS
While the Virtual March continues to grow during the fall, the icon of the
season – changing leaves – is being threatened by global warming. Click here to
read more about global warming's threat to New England's rich autumn colours.
Another surprising impact from global warming is the recent declining pumpkin
crop.  The severe rains of the spring and extreme heat of the summer has
directly reduced the number of pumpkins grown in the United States.  One farmer
reports that his normal crop of 70 tons of pumpkins shrunk to only 12 tons this
season.   Now we are talking about our Halloween jack-o-lanterns and
Thanksgiving dessert.
FALL ACTION TIPS
By marching, you have taken the first step to be part of the movement to stop
global warming, but perhaps you are asking, "What else can I do?" Here are a
few action tips for the fall:
* Get five more people to join you on the Virtual March.
* Check out "Ten Tips for an Earth Friendly Halloween"
* Buy "Stop Global Warming: The Solution is You!" which has lots of ideas for
becoming part of the solution. Stop Global Warming Marchers get 25% off. Click
here to buy (enter code SGW06 at purchase for discount).
* Watch Virtual March partner The Weather Channel's new weekly show about
global warming, The Climate Code with Dr. Heidi Cullen.
* Pick one StopGlobalWarming.org Take Action tip and start doing it in your
everyday life.
It's not about doing everything; it’s about doing something – even just one
thing. The solution is you!
Keep Marching!
Laurie DavidFounderStopGlobalWarming.org

To sign up for the Stop Global Warming Virtual March, please sign up below

Leslie
Stop Global Warming join the virtual march today
Our mission is to use the strength of numbers to urge our government to join
the rest of the world in addressing global warming, and urge business to start
a new industrial revolution of clean energy that reduces our dependence on oil.
Make your voice heard Click here

If you know anyone who might be interested in receiving this newsletter to
please asked the to send an email toclimatematters-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with
"subscribe" in the Subject or Body of the message.