[climatematters] FW: Your chance to have your views heard

  • From: Leslie Coelho <lesliecoelho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "climatematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <climatematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:53:13 +0000

Dear all,
I thought this might be of interest to some of you. If you have not joined CRed
or you want to find out more you can do so by going to www.cred-uk.org

Your chance to have your views heard
Parliamentary hearing for individuals who have pledged to CRed

On January 31st 2007 CRed is delighted to be playing host to the House of
Commons Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee, which is conducting an
in-depth enquiry into climate change. The enquiry, which is called the
"citizen's agenda", is aimed at establishing how individuals and communities
can be encouraged to help tackle climate change and how government can make
carbon reduction choices easier for the public. CRed Communications and Policy
Officer, Marcus Armes, said: "It is a great tribute to CRed that we have been
asked to host a day of the enquiry, and we strongly urge those of you who have
made a commitment to carbon reduction to pass your views on to the Committee."
If wish you to give evidence (oral or written) to the committee of MPs, or
simply find out more about the enquiry, then please visit

Tel: 01603 592838