[climatematters] FW: LIVE EARTH: THE CONCERTS FOR A CLIMATE IN CRISIS, 07/07/07

  • From: Leslie Coelho <lesliecoelho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "climatematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <climatematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 09:12:04 +0100

To stop emails from StopGlobalWarming.org, you may

Stop Global Warming Virtual March07/02/07

LIVE EARTH: THE CONCERTS FOR A CLIMATE IN CRISIS, 07/07/07Live Earth is a
monumental music event that will bring together more than 2 billion people on
7/7/07 to raise awareness about global warming. Artists include Beastie Boys,
John Mayer, Madonna, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, The Police, and
many more including Virtual March partners Bon Jovi, Damien Rice, and Taking
Back Sunday.
As Al Gore notes in his July 1 New York Times op-ed, "Next Saturday, on all
seven continents, the Live Earth concert will ask for the attention of
humankind to begin a three-year campaign to make everyone on our planet aware
of how we can solve the climate crisis in time to avoid catastrophe.
Individuals must be a part of the solution" (Click here to read Gore's NYT
essay "Moving Beyond Kyoto").
Live Earth will ask everyone who attends or listens to the concerts to sign a
personal pledge to take specific steps to combat climate change. Click here to
sign the pledge now.
And in other music news...

GOODBYE JEWEL CASEMost consumer packaging is not only a huge waste of
resources, but also harmful to our environment. But there are encouraging signs
that businesses are becoming greener as they realize profits and protecting the
environment are not mutually exclusive. As consumers, we have a powerful voice
to question packaging choices and demand change.
Our partner NRDC has been working diligently to put an end to the petrol-based
CD jewel case. After three years of discussions, Warner Music Group, and its CD
and DVD manufacturer Cinram, the largest CD maker in the world, and its printer
Ivy Hill, agreed to a replacement of the petroleum-based CD and DVD jewel case.
The replacement of this polluting product will be a mini-album sleeve , made of
100% post-consumer paper and wrapped in an ag-waste plastic wrapper, or, if
available, an ag-waste based plastic jewel case. Getting rid of the
petroleum-based CD jewel case is a great green step forward, as more than a
billion of them are manufactured each year.

In another development, Virtual Marcher and environmentalist Bill McKibben has
been guiding the United States Postal Service to eliminate toxins in its
packaging and inks. To learn more about this, watch the "Paper or Plastic"
episode of the Sundance Channel's series Big Ideas for a Small Planet,
available via iTunes.

TAKE ACTION: SIGN THE DECLARATION OF NEW PATRIOTISMWith the Fourth of July
holiday this week, it's a great time to remind U.S. leaders about the need for
real solutions to global warming. We encourage you to support the efforts of
Virtual March partner EnvironmentalDefense.org and sign their "Declaration of
New Patriotism" that thousands of online supporters helped draft. They are
hoping to collect at least 75,000 signatures to deliver to Congress by July
4th. The Declaration begins:
"Global warming is the crisis of our time. As we prepare to celebrate our
nation's birthday, we renew our commitment to the qualities and values that
have guided our nation for more than 200 years. Today, we recognize that
patriotism is not only about love of country. It is also about a shared
commitment to the welfare of our planet.
Click Here to sign the Declaration of New Patriotism

NEW PARTNERS AND MARCHERSThis week the Virtual March grew to over 832,000
marchers! Recent partners include TheDailyGreen.com, the new green health
community NaturalPath.com, and P.S. 8 3rd Grade Earth Protectors, from
Brooklyn, NY
Keep Marching!Laurie DavidFounderStopGlobalWarming.org

Privacy Policy Stop Global Warming Virtual March, 15332 Antioch Street #168,
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
Celeb spotting – Play CelebMashup and win cool prizes
https://www.celebmashup.com/index2.html