[CHS-L } Re: TIGERS 41 Lutheran North 56

  • From: Jennifer Pierce <jennifersellsga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Friends of CHS <chs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:30:09 -0500

Huge Kudos to you, Keith, for all the love and dedication you have given
the Tiger organization (and us) for these past ten years.  I LOVE your
biased summaries and will miss them and the connection to home that I have
enjoyed, however, "retirement" will be fun, too, and you certainly have
earned it.  Thanks so much for your efforts.  I am one very grateful Tiger

Also Kudos to the Tiger team for an awesome season.

Go Big Red!

Jennifer Pierce
Class of 1968

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM, W. Keith Currie <wkcurrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> November 16, 2013  TIGERS  41  Lutheran North  56
> As most of you know, I have typed a “biased summary” of every
> Caruthersville Tiger football game, win or lose, for the last 10 years.  Due
> to my personal “bias”, I can honestly say that this will be the most
> difficult summary that I have ever had to type.  You see, my oldest
> daughter is a senior, and she is one of the most devoted Caruthersville
> Tigers fans out there.  We were kidding her that she has shed more tears
> over lost Tigers games than over boys!  ;-)  This years’ Senior Tigers
> will always have a special place in my heart.  I have literally seen
> EVERY game these boys have ever played as Tigers, from 7th grade…all the
> way until today.  It has truly been an honor to watch those guys grow
> into young men.  It also made it easy as they never lost a game in 7thgrade
> or 8
> th grade, and amassed a 43-8 total record as varsity Tigers.  More on
> them and their accomplishments later…on to the summary.
> It was a colder than expected day in the northern St. Louis area as the
> Crusaders of Lutheran North (hereinafter referred to as “LN”) played host
> to our Tigers in the Missouri Class 2 Quarterfinals.  Lots of wind, and
> even a little bit of rain also made conditions for the fans a little
> unpleasant, but the field was fair and the conditions did not appear to
> have a substantial negative impact on either team.
> The Tigers won the toss and deferred to the 2nd half.  The Tigers, clad
> in their red pants, white jerseys and red helmets kicked off to LN.  The
> game started perfectly for the Tigers as the Tiger defense forced a 3 and
> punt, giving the Tigers the ball in great field position at the LN43.  Darrell
> Monroe carried for 8 yards on 1st down.  Tyler Grissom’s 2nd down pass
> was incomplete.  Monroe carried for 6 yards and a 1st down.  Monroe then
> carried for 3 yards.  A Tiger false start penalty made it 2nd and 12.  Grissom
> passed to Colt Callens for 9 yards.  Monroe carried for 5 and another 1stdown.
> Grissom ran for 2 yards.  Grissom passed to Jamal Johnson for 10 yards
> and a 1st and goal from the 5.  Monroe carried for 2 yards.  Jamal
> Johnson would get the Tigers on the board with a 3 yard touchdown run.
> Callens
> added the PAT, and the Tigers had the early lead, 7-0 with 6:47 left in the
> 1st quarter.
> Tiger seniors…every name mentioned thus far are senior Tigers!
> After the kickoff, the Crusader started from their own 25.  Carl Thomas
> and Isaiah Holman had a couple of nice runs, before Justin Baker passed to
> Holman for a 52 yard TD.  Alex Diedrich added the PAT, knotting it up at
> 7-7, with 4:54 left in the first.
> Starting from their own 15, the Tiger offense looked nothing like they did
> on the 1st drive.  Monroe carried for 1 yard. Grissom carried for 2 yards.
> Grissom threw an incomplete pass, and the Tigers were forced to punt.  First
> [...]

Jennifer Pierce, Realtor, ABR,CDPE, SRES, e-Pro
RE/MAX Town & Country, Canton, GA
770/314-8455  cell; 770/928-4966, X-346 ofc.
888-317-5024 Fax.
http://Jennifersellsga.com <http://jennifersellsga.com/>

I am NEVER too busy for any of your referrals!