[chai-t] Re: June meeting plans

  • From: "De Coning, Johan" <Johan.DeConing@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "chai-t@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <chai-t@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 12:12:51 +1000

Hi William

There be a limited number of spots available I would assume at their location?
I was planning in having 2 x members from Melbourne Health if that is OK?

Johan

Date: Friday, 22nd June
Time: 10am-12pm
Room: Business Productivity Centre
Address: Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank 3006

I'm thinking we will have time to cover:

 *   PowerPivot
 *   Tabular, the engine behind PowerPivot, that powers the new server features
for data mashups
 *   The Silverlight viewer for Tabular dashboards (PowerPoint embeddable)
 *   Predixion Insight for performing clustering analysis and predictive
modelling backed by SQL Server Data Mining
Nadav did a presentation at the DG2012 conference about using predictive
analytics tools to help identify which data elements are important to business
rules or operational outcomes of interest, and I'm aiming to get together a
more Victorian data set for him to demo some of the same features with.

If there's other stuff you've heard about and want him to cover, please let me
know so I can feed that back.

By allowing two hours I hope there will be time for a bit of Q&A afterward - we
spent a bit of time yesterday working through the features that looked most
interesting to me, and it's great to have someone who knows the product well to
talk through what it can and can't do well.

Kind regards,

William Rose
Business Intelligence Manager
Information Management

+61 3 9656 5231   |   Level 8, St Andrews Place, East Melbourne VIC 3002

This email (including any attachments or links) may contain confidential and/or
legally privileged information and is intended only to be read or used by the
addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, any use, distribution,
disclosure or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Confidentiality and
legal privilege attached to this email (including any attachments) are not
waived or lost by reason of its mistaken delivery to you. If you have received
this email in error, please delete it and notify us immediately by telephone or
email. Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre provides no guarantee that this
transmission is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or altered
and will not be liable for any delay in its receipt.

WARNING: This message originated from outside the Northern/Melbourne/Western
Health e-mail network. The sender cannot be validated. Caution is advised.
Contact IT Services (+61 3 ) 9342 8888 for more information.

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image