[chai-t] July Meeting Reminder

  • From: "Rose William" <William.Rose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chai-t@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 08:24:45 +1000

Hi all,

Feeling the pinch of the new-fiscal-year craziness? I am! So I am
looking forward to escaping the nightmare for an hour this Friday at 3pm
in the EDU Seminar Room 1 in Lower Level 1 at Peter Mac, 13 St Andrews
Place. I hope to see you there!

Agenda-wise, I'd like to fit in as many of the following as we have time
for, but I'm also quite happy to chase another tangent entirely if
anyone has something they'd like to share. A list:

*       Debrief from the SQL Server 2012 / Predixion Insight
presentation: a month on, what still seems appealing?

        My issue (and possibly yours) is that we are stuck on SQL Server
2008 -- can we still do anything like what Nadav was demonstrating? I
have chased up a few angles (e.g. using SSAS Data Mining directly, using
open source tools like RapidMiner, Weka, Orange), but I'm interested in
hearing what others think of the value of the activity and possible
alternatives.

*
        Demo Simon's Magic System

        Simon can't come, but I can demo the QlikView document he's been
working with that integrates costing & revenue allocation in QlikView to
give a foundation for understanding why our bottom line has the colour
it does. NB: this is not a product of the Humanities department, so
there is no discussion of the structural disadvantage to health agencies
caused by the intersection of nihilistic materialism and
neo-conservative economic rationalism.

*       Shadow funding for ABF - what's been achieved & can we
collaborate to save some effort?

*       Genetic counselling clinics

        I met with Mary-Anne Young from our Familial Cancer Centre who
are currently block funded, but now need to report something via the
S10. Apparently there are similar services at RMH, Austin and Southern,
and as yet no agreed standard for activity reporting. I'm interested to
know if any of the other services have started working on a reporting
approach.

*       CHADx - the phantom agenda item that lives at the bottom of the
list, and refuses to die.

        I did do some work on this, and I can show you where it works
and what looks dubious -- if the consensus is that there's something to
be gained from this classification being workable, perhaps we can feed
back to ACSQHC for a more tractable specification.

Kind regards,

William Rose
Business Intelligence Manager
Information Management

+61 3 9656 5231   |   Level 8, St Andrews Place, East Melbourne VIC 3002

This email (including any attachments or links) may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information and is
intended only to be read or used by the addressee.  If you
are not the intended addressee, any use, distribution,
disclosure or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited.
Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this email
(including any attachments) are not waived or lost by
reason of its mistaken delivery to you.
If you have received this email in error, please delete it
and notify us immediately by telephone or email.  Peter
MacCallum Cancer Centre provides no guarantee that this
transmission is free of virus or that it has not been
intercepted or altered and will not be liable for any delay
in its receipt.