[chai-t] Inpatient NWAU calc

  • From: Chris Hamilton <Chris.Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'chai-t@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <chai-t@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:28:06 +1000

Hi all,
As discussed on Friday here is our first go at updating a staging table with
NWAU flag and adjustment fields. The definitions seem to be a slowly moving
target so I'm sure they will need refining.  Please let me know if you find
anything blatantly wrong; we have validated it against SAS code we got from DoH
and it was pretty close which is all I ever hope for when comparing our live
data to VAED.  The key seems to be to add or multiply the adjustments in the
correct order.

Hope it helps someone anyway.

Regards,

Chris Hamilton | Manager: Clinical Information Management

Southern Health | Level 1, E Block
246 Clayton Road, Clayton VIC 3168

ph. 9594 4017 | mob. 0418 317 581 | Intranet
site<http://shdashboard/Reports/SHARE/Shared%20Documents/Home.aspx>

THIS E-MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify us by return e-mail and delete the document.  If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Southern Health are
not liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information
contained in this communication or for any delay in its receipt.