[chadfree] Re: BitDefender Newsletter September, 2006 - Mike

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chadfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:30:09 -0700

Hi Debbie,
I have not used it.

but BitDefender has received good reviews in the trade papers.
I have not used any Internet security packages.
I use Avast4 Free AV and Zone Alarm Pro pay version
My ZA is up for renewal and I may look at the Internet Security package this
time.

Mike
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 9/13/2006 at 9:58 AM Debbie Shannon wrote:

Hi Mike,

I was wondering if you have used the Bitdefender Internet Security package
and how does it compare to other store bought packages, such as ZA and
Norton?  I am considering upgrading from the free AVG and free ZA - the free
versions are sometimes so limited.

Also it seems that my free packages are not quite doing the job - let some
kind of Trojan in last week (which I think destroyed my NTLDR file - or it
was a coincidence?) which led me to have to buy a new HD to reinstall
Windows.

Or is there an online comparison site that you know of?

Thanks, Debbie

  _____

From: Mike the mod
BitDefender Newsletter.

In this edition:

1. BitDefender News
2. Virus news
3. Assorted Badness
4. Quote of the Month
5. Notable Vulnerabilities
6. How to subscribe/unsubscribe
7. Privacy Policy
8. Ending and salutations

1.1 FEATURED PRODUCT

BitDefender announced the launch of its newest generation of desktop
security products, namely version 10. The three released products benefit
from a host of new technologies and from a new licensing and renewal model.
As usual, trial version kits and product documentation are freely available
on the BitDefender web site.

<http://www.bitdefender.com/NW280-en--BitDefender-Unveils-Next-Generation-Se
curity-Products.html?email_id=Sep06_Featured>

chadfree-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx