[cas_announce] International Observe the Moon Night Saturday 9/18 at CAS

  • From: Craig Niemi <craig_niemi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Announce CAS_ <cas_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 07:55:58 -0700 (PDT)

Dear CAS Members and Volunteers,

This Saturday astronomers around the world are sharing the moon with families,
kids, scouts and teachers. As part of "International Observe the Moon Night"
CAS will be hosting a free public stargaze at the Zion Road Headquarters on
September 18 from 8-10pm.
http://observethemoonnight.org/

The event has received great PR so we can expect a good size crowd.
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100916/NEWS01/9170309/Marvels-of-Moon-celebrated-Saturday

If you're free please make plans to come to CAS and lend a hand. Volunteers are
needed as telescope operators, telescope assistants and greeters. If you're
more comfortable using your own scope by all means bring it along.

The following weekend is the Great Outdoor Weekend.
Every year this free sampler weekend has been one of our best draws. Join us on
Saturday and Sunday 25th & 26th from 8-10pm. Again we'll need your help to make
these events a success.
http://www.cincygreatoutdoorweekend.org/

Both events are also a great way to begin promoting the CAS Centennial!

Thanks,
Craig