Re: [calibrebooks] Rare thing - sending a book back unread!

  • From: Elizabeth Lovick <flottaliz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 18:02:31 +0000

I am glad you enjoyed it, Roger. I admit that I do like a well written book. I like many genres, but like good writing in all of them! Having read Val McDermit, Iain Rankin, Evelyn Waugh and David Attenborough in the last fortnight, it was too much of a come down!

On 11/02/2017 16:23, roger south (Redacted sender roger.south for DMARC) wrote:

This is the first in the Ben Cooper & Diane Fry Whonnunit series. I've read the first 6 and they actually are quite good. Not literacy masterpieces I'll agree but books of this type never are. I think maybe you should have endured a little longer Liz as it does get better. Also from the write up I seem to remember it was Stephen's first book.

Roger

-----Original Message----- From: Elizabeth Lovick
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2017 3:30 PM
To: calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [calibrebooks] Rare thing - sending a book back unread!

Hi Liz,

I don't blame Calibre!  The reader was trying very hard to make it sound
less like an exercise in creative writing, and more like a book!

Another book came today, so I am not book-less!

Liz

On 11/02/2017 14:28, Liz Clarke wrote:
Sorry to hear this Liz. I will pass your feedback to our Editorial team & see if there have been any adverse comments logged about this particular title.

As a general principle applicable to all members, there is no problem at all in returning a book that's not to anyone's personal taste. Anyone who borrows by category is bound to have this happen occasionally, particularly if very broad categories like general fiction are selected. Don't feel bad about returning an unsuitable book but do feel free to contact our Membership Services team as they have the ability to remove certain authors and/or readers from your selections.

Kind regards

Liz @ Calibre