[cad-linux] Re: VariCAD Press Release

  • From: keith frost <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:25:46 -0700 (PDT)

i can't find the link but recall seeing a utility that
will convert the 3D varicad files to other formats.
it is not from varicad but, was mentioned on their
forum.
does anyone know if this works with 8.x

> the import
> export are extremely limited in 3d (in version 8
> IGES 3D output is
> removed as they are rewriting the whole thing so if
> you need IGES 3D
> export you must use the last 7.5 version which can
> read and save v. 8
> file format) and the curves are not curves but multi
> face solids. Once
> they finally fix this and give IGES 3D export AND
> import it will be a
> huge step forward. I use it everyday with good
> results
>
> Maurizio
> --
> Galileo Engineering
> Via Zacchetti 6
> I-42100 Reggio Emilia
> Ph/Fax +390522920496
> http://www.slot.it
>
> Slot.it is a trademark of Galileo Engineering

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

http://health.yahoo.com