[cablewiki] Taxonomy

  • From: Robert McLeod <hamstar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cablewiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 03:54:28 +1300

Hey guys,

We are nothing without taxonomy, we need to decide how we are going to
categorize the cables before we go too much further.

Lets take the head of 08ROME1541 for example:

VZCZCXRO0565
OO RUEHROV

DE RUEHRO #1541 3540856
ZNY SSSSS ZZH
O 190856Z DEC 08
FM AMEMBASSY ROME
TO RUEHC/SECSTATE WASHDC IMMEDIATE 1346
INFO RUEHROV/AMEMBASSY VATICAN IMMEDIATE 0826

OO means urgent so we would put [[Category:Urgent]] in there and in the
infobox.

Should we track the origin and destination of cables? As well as the
embassies that were copied in on cables?
[[Category:Origins]]
-> [[Category:Origin:Embassy Paris]]
-> [[Category:Destination:Secretary of State]]
-> [[Category:Info:Embassy Vatican]]

The question is does it need to be that granular?  Maybe we could put the
destination and offices copied in in the infobox as well.

And then we have the head of the content section:

S E C R E T ROME 001541

SIPDIS

S/CT FOR ATA PROGRAM MANAGER MIKE MILLER

E.O. 12958: DECL: 12/18/2013

TAGS: PTER ASEC VTV

SUBJECT: REQUEST FOR CRISIS MANAGEMENT TRAINING FOR VATICAN

REF: STATE 128554
We already know it is secret from leakfeed telling us the classification,
and we have the tags.  We just need to link to the references.  We want to
link to STATE128554 but we don't know the first two numbers for the that
cable (the month number).  We can throw it at this script:
http://api.hamstar.co.nz/cablelists/match.php?id=STATE128554 which has a
list of all the cables released however this one hasn't been released yet.

Does all this sound good?

Cheers