[cablewiki] Re: Newsletter #1

  • From: cbr <espejosvivos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cablewiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 02:13:36 +0100

Hi Jay, and everyone else!

Wow, all this you tell us sound great! To create a unique site that
put togethers the best things of all these sites (cablewiki,
cablegatewiki, cablegategame and kabelsearch).. would be just
incredible!

But you are right when you say that this is a really huge work, and
definitively there have to be a good number of people involved in it.
But, I think that can't be a problem! We just need to spread the word.
In twitter, irc, and all the places that have emerged in the last
month, dedicated to wikileaks or anonymous operations... there hare
hundreds of them and of people behind them, and aporting material to
them everyday... And what that means, is that there are really a lot
of people willing to make things, and doing them, inverting their time
to do usefull things related with all of that, so if you give them
such a great project as this one, I'm sure they will be more than
happy to contribute. So, I think that first thing, must be to spread
the info about this project as much as we can!

About my own personal possibilites to contribute, I unfortunately I
have no abilities as a programmer, so I can't help very much with the
tougher part of the merge of the sites.. but I can help with any other
thing needed, that I'm sure will be plenty. In the other hand, I'm
within a spanish collective where there a lot of be people I'm sure
will want to help, and most of them are really good programmers, so I
will tell them.

In any case, some concrete ideas? As I have said, I think that the
first is to recruit the maximum number of people, and to know how many
we are before starting the hard work. So I would say, twitter, an irc
channel, maybe a poster to post it in several places,... don't know,
things like those.

..I have not understand very well what you said about the mailing
list... I don't know if I am in it or no..¿?. In any case, if I am
not, I would really like to, to follow and participate in the
discussions and the organization of the project.

Cheers!
Carlos.