[cablewiki] News

  • From: JayP <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cablewiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 17:11:29 +0100

Hez Folks!
Bad news fist: I'm on a work placement since monday and I'm working currently working 15 hour days, so I probably won't be able to work on cablewiki at least not on workdays. I've seen that many of you have started taking the project into their own hands. I hope this engagement will continue to grow. At least one little thing did I manage to set up: We now have a game-like leaderboard set up in our beta. We hope to get some competition going that way, and make people addicted to translating cables in the long run ;-)

@robert: I really digg your idea of spreading promotion posters at the uni! I think like that we can reach lot's of people willing and capable of doing some decent work. We've been promotong our idea mostly in the anonymous area since now, but I've made the experience that most anons aren't especially enduring when it comes to the actual work of translating and analysing (by the exeption of you of course!) I've also had a look at the Wikipedia template. Looks quite good, i think we can pick this up in our beta.  Sorry that it takes so long for it to go online, but as I said, I (as well as FutureMelt and Robert) have only little time atm. We' re also trying to make it as complete and stable as poasible before we start fitting in all the cables and opening it up for the masses.
I'll be back with more next weekend.