[cablewiki] CableBot / Egypt Cables

  • From: JayP <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cablewiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 20:26:03 +0100

Hello Folks,

We've made pretty good progress lately! Yesterday Translucent and I worked hard
on the new Layout and the CableBot. You can see the result here:
http://test.cablegatewiki.org/index.php?title=Embassy_Cairo
As you see we've uploaded a bunch of Cables from Egypt to test CableBot and the
Translate plugin. From what I've seen so far, everything seems to work like a
charm. We've also transfered all the user accounts from cablewiki to the test
site. If you've registered at cablewiki.net you should be able to login to
test.cablegatewiki.org. So now it's up to you to translate, translate,
translate!
Please spread the word, it would be cool if If we could get some translations
done (especially in arabic) to support the people in Egypt and the rest of
Arabia! The translator with the most page edits until next Sunday will get
promoted to Admin status ;-)
If everything keeps looking ok, we'll import all the other cables and transfer
the existing translations. Please report any problems / difficulties you
experience. But what we should do first, is writing a short guide to the
translation process. It would be great if somebody could do that. If anyone has
php and/or Semantic Mediawiki experience and some free time, you could help us
with finishing the CableTable and the rating system. I'll create a poster
promoting the wiki as soon as I have some time.

Cheers,
JayP