[bvipilots] Waiting for Rescue.

  • From: "Tony" <tonys_groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 22:34:24 -0000

Hi Guys

Alas, I tried a flight from Santiago Chile to Mendoza Argentina, and slammed
in to the mountains.

The impact sounded fairly soft, I may have survived.

Aircraft was a Bravo.

Flight plan was IFR using low altitude airways.

The plan suggested a height of 2 3 0 .

I couldn't gain height quickly enough.

The Bravo was happy to climb at around 800 feet per minute.

I guess if I'd flown VFR I could have flown in circles until I gained enough
height.

So guys, any way of making that Bravo climb quicker?

If you attempt the flight, it's only short, I'd be delighted to hear how you
get on, or see you in hospital, provided rescue reaches me in time of
course.