[bvipilots] Re: Visual Approach Issue

  • From: Hadi Rezaei <hadirezaei@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 19:38:52 +0430

Hello
Please also mention what aircraft you were flying. without that info, i'm going to say my best guess and imagine that it was a b737-800.

Anyway. you have to do the approach checklist between 5-8 miles left to your approach point, depending on wind, your speed, and the airport. So i believe, that you either were overspeed or too high, because you executed the checklist so late.

Cheers
Hadi

On 4/20/2014 6:40 PM, Jody McKinniss wrote:
Cool, it works now.  One question:  Michelle seems to want to do the
approach list before actually turning onto final:
08:59:29
Michelle said:  Captain. This might be a good time to do the approach
checklist. 08:59:30
Michelle said:  Distance to approach point, 2 miles.
So, like a good little boy I went along with her idea and said
"approach checklist."  What ended up happening is that I didn't crash,
but I didn't land on the runway correctly either since she hadn't yet
made the turn for entry onto final.  Advise please.

On 4/20/14, Hadi Rezaei <hadirezaei@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Roger robert, thank you

On 4/20/2014 2:57 AM, Robert Cezar wrote:
ATTENTION: Hadi

Your new version is also online.

Robert

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 3:20 PM, Jordan Gallacher
<jordanandseptember@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jordanandseptember@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

     Okay. Will do.  Thanks Robert.

     Jordan