[bvipilots] Robert, your advice didn't work.

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 14:30:28 -0400

Hi to Robert and my fellow BVI Pilot friends.
1. Robert, the bad news is that your recommendation didn’t work.
I double checked the setting and it already was set on do nothing and then
smacked the ok button.
2. The good news though.
1. I file a fp and I can do the following when FSX is loaded.
I can press the button to the left of the number one key and I do hear ATC and
or Microsoft.
When I switch it to ATC I can press the number one key and hear the weather and
press the two key and hear the ATC and so on.
3. The worse news is that when I tab away from the FSX page where the bird has
it’s engines running and so on and say go to fire up IYP and then switch back
to the FSX window, I only can hear the engines running and I can not press the
` key which is to the left on the number one key.
I only hear ` when I press it.
I do not get ATC or Microsoft.
So I can not at least do a test via the keyboard to see if the sounds will kick
in.
Because when I use the voice command to get local weather, Michelle just looks
at me like I’m stupid. SMILES.
But when IYP is running I can at least hear only just the engines running and
nothing else.
To get sounds back.
What I have to do is this.
1. Shut FSX down,
2. fire FSX back up once again.
3. then load the fp once again to get sounds.
Now I thought that the one setting that is in FSX settings under general wasn’t
checked when you have to flip back and forth inbetween windows.
I can’t remember the name of the feature off hand. It is theoption just to the
right of display screen, but the keyboard command is alt p, then tab over and
press the ok button.
Then go back to free flight then go to save flights to load a fp.
But that didn’t work.
As soon as I go away from the FSX window and come back to it, I lose my sounds
and keyboard.
But when I go to load IYP, I do at least hear the engines running and I can
hear Michelle.
But I can not hear anything else sound wise coming out of my speakers for the
doors sounds and the ATC sounds nor the sounds from the AI traffic.
So that is where I stand for now.
Now I’m wondering the following.
I have to find it once again, and I think a voice command would make it much
much easerer to access for we BVI pilots.
But when IYP loads, if I remember correctly there’s a pop up blocker.
Maybe that should be turned on to except pop ups.
Here’s hoping I can hear the assistance from the sounds so that I may get back
into the air.
Very Thankfully Yours,