[bvipilots] Ok, Now I'm Getting Mad

  • From: Jody McKinniss <jlove42010@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 07:59:36 -0400

Ok, what in the world is going on here?  Specs:
Windows 7x64, 4GB DDR3 RAM, FSX with acceleration, and latest version
of IYP.  Flying Skyhawk for now, with a short flight just to
reacclimate myself to things.  Everything works great, then after
requesting IFR clearance, IYP becomes unresponsive, but speech
recognition is still working.  Relevant log is below:
You said:
altimeter two niner point niner two
07:40:49
Mike said:
OK, two niner point niner two Set and checked.
07:40:49
You said:
switch to clearance delivery
07:40:57
You said:
greensboro clearance delivery
07:41:17
You said:
cessna lima five six eight three uniform victor
07:41:22
You said:
i f r clearance to kilo romeo delta uniform
07:41:27
You said:
ready to copy
07:41:29
Mike said:
InitializeSpeech:Recognizer.Recognizer.GetDescription: Microsoft
Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English - US)
07:41:29
At this point the ATC reads my instructions, but I am unable to
perform read back, and IFR flight plan is cancelled.  IYP is totally
unresponsive.  I then tested other speech recognition commands, and
they work fine.  In order to fix this I have to close and restart IYP,
at which point I have to reload the flight into the simulator because
my flight plan was cancelled.  Yesterday I managed to get to the
takeoff part, where it happened again.  IYP continued to function
normally and read altitudes, but I could not use voice commands, yet
other regular speech recognition commands worked fine.  Relevant
portion of that log is below:
05:58:15
Mike said:
V1
05:58:30
Mike said:
Rotate
05:58:30
Mike said:
V2
05:58:37
Mike said:
Captain. Specify airspeed.
05:58:39
You said:
air speed one zero five
05:58:45
Mike said:
Roger. Air speed 105
05:58:45
Mike said:
I will maintain this speed until you touch the brake switch.
05:58:45
Mike said:
InitializeSpeech:Recognizer.Recognizer.GetDescription: Microsoft
Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English - US)
05:58:46
Mike said:
Flaps up and trim. Aircraft clean.
05:59:02