[bvipilots] Carenado Cessna 206 Engine shutting down on Final

  • From: "Jordan Gallacher" <jordanandseptember@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 00:20:38 -0600

Hi Robert,

The Carenado Cessna 206 is doing something weird on Final Approach.  I have
had the following happen twice.

Right after Michelle says I am making sure the Propeller Pitch is set to
high RPM and make sure the parking brakes are off, the engine is clearly
going up to, and from the sound, past full throttle, and then the engine
shuts off.  I have figured out it is not a fuel issue because last night I
had 10 gallons remaining, and tonight, I had 13 gallons remaining when this
occurred.  When I hit control plus E, the engine fired up again.  I can also
tell you that this occurs during the descent between 1600 and 1500ft.  Is
there a solution for this issue?

Thanks,