[bvipilots] Re: Calling all BVI pilots using JAWS.

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 09:05:33 -0500

My advice is coming from a fsx-gold user.
After you install FSX-Gold and the excelleration program that comes with FSX-Gold. For the first time, If, you're using JAWS, Route PC curssor to JAWS and up arrow until you see free flight button. left click on that button but smacking the enter key and or the left mouce button. Which for us is the second button in from the left at the top of the small calculator keypad on the right side of your keyboard. Also, if you Want to access your settings to tweak your sounds and or video, do the same, but up arrow and or down arrow until you find the settings button.
It is a little on the tricky side, but it can be done.
But once you've clicked on the Free Flight button.
Most normal every day features will be in the normal pc currsor mode.
for example.
Alt C from the main menu will bring up the list of birds to choose from.
In this page if you alt A, will select the entire list of all of the birds to choose from.
And, alt S, will show you all of the painjobs for that bird.
You will have to tab over until you actualy see the list of birds.
Alt, S, will show you all of your saved flight plans.
From the main menu if you alt A will select how to set the weather.
Alt N will show you how to select the current time.
From the main menu Alt P will take you to the flight plan mode.
Simply tab over to see country, then tab over to see state and so on.
If you would like, I can walk you through setting up a flight plan.
But until you pay for a unlock code, you'll only have the cessna 172 sky hock to fly with.
So, hope this is helpful.
Ron, AKA the Blind Pilot.

-----Original Message----- From: Kevin Struska
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2015 11:43 AM
To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bvipilots] Re: Calling all BVI pilots using JAWS.

Hi bud, I'm not sure if this is similar to what problem you're having, but I
have to do a say line command, ins+up arrow to read the current line
whenever I'm going through the list of airports in the flight planner, and
probably other places. I don't think it's a display problem, the controls
aren't labeled in a standard way for JAWS to interact with them. That's
Microsoft for you, I guess.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>