[bulug] Re: www.lug.bu.edu

  • From: Ryan Mullen <rmullen@xxxxxx>
  • To: bulug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 09:50:06 -0400

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 09:02:03AM -0400, Jimmy C. Chau wrote:
> If it's in the Photonics Building, that's probably because the
> electricity was turned off on Saturday.  (It was scheduled to be off
> from 7am to 7pm).  Someone probably needs to show up, power the server
> back on, and perhaps do a file-system integrity check.

If that's all it was, then the machine should have powered up when power
came back online, since that's how the BIOS was configured.

However, that does give me hope that our hardware is not damaged, and
that a press of a power button may be all that is needed.

An ENG-RT ticket has been opened, so it's in their hands now.

Thanks for the reports, all.

Ryan
_________