[Bristol-Birds] update Bald Eagle's nest Kyles Ford, TN

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 01:04:47 -0400

Bald Eagle's nest
Clinch River
Kyles Ford
Hancock Co., TN

I made my regular Kyles Ford trip this evening. Arrived on river
approx. 6:30 or so. Stayed approx. 45 min. Light rain heavy
overcast.  I have included some pix. One adult was sitting in nest,
then flew to river for fish or something for supper. Returned to
nest and appeared to feed ??chick(s)??. I never could confirm
chicks with binoculars or camera lens--- borrowed a 300mm.
The other adult flew to nest and form the look on the other
eagle's face was not exactly welcome! Looks like a domestic
dispute.

Note on the nest is the grass or hay material hanging over edge
(visible in the last set of pix which I sent); possibly blocking view
of chicks.

Jennifer F. Meade
Dungannon, VA

JPEG image