[Bristol-Birds] turkeys & harriers - Washington Co, TN

  • From: "Rick Knight" <RKnight@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 21:44:41 -0500

Two sightings of note late today (3 Feb):

Wild Turkey - a flock of 210 on Hales Chapel Rd., southwest of Gray;
this is by far the largest group of turkeys that I've ever seen.

N. Harrier:  following a tip from Barney Keffer about some harriers at
Bowmantown (south end of Saylor Hill Rd.), near dusk I saw 8 in one
large fallow field (4 males & 4 females) - a large concentration for
this part of the state.  (Had hopes of Short-eared Owl, but, there were
none.)

Rick Knight
Johnson City, TN
rknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxx